Consult Eye Specialist Doctor Online
- Ophthalmology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disease related to our eyesight and visual system. Eyes are one of the greatest gifts of God and perfect eyesight is an incredible asset to have in the race of life.
- However, on account of various reasons the eye and its surrounding structures may get affected by a number of clinical conditions. Ophthalmology seeks to redress those issues with accurate diagnosis, therapeutic means which involve medication and in certain eventualities, microsurgery. Since Eye doctors / Ophthalmologists perform both diagnostic and surgical operations, they are bracketed as both surgical and medical specialists.
- An Ophthalmology residency, post M.D is the minimum requirement to become a certified Ophthalmologist Specialist in which the last 2 years are dedicated to gain surgical experience and become Ophthalmic Surgeons. A further 1 to 2 years of training may be required in order to gain the added knowledge of sub-specialties in this field.
Ophthalmology Specialists / Eye Specialist Doctors are the only professionally trained doctors/ physicians who can treat the most severe eye disorders related to macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma. Not only for addressing serious eye-related disorders but even for regular vision related abnormality, Eye Physicians offer comprehensive ocular visual assessment, which may involve the use of prescriptive lenses for vision correction.
With the increase in the average life-span and excessive dependency on technology, eye health is increasingly assuming more and more importance. An ageing population translates to more age-related macular degeneration of eye muscles and such anomalies can be best treated if caught in the initial stages where it can then be addressed with medicines.
Locate the Best Ophthalmologist
- Something which would earlier require days of garnering word of mouth feedback and door to door scouting is now made possible with the click of a button on your smart phone from the ease and privacy of your home. With the DoctorQuick app, it is now possible to locate the best ophthalmologist in the region or beyond in no time, whatsoever.
- Online Consultation with the reliable doctors makes it possible for you to reach out to them in case of an emergency where you need immediate medical attention. The facility of video call and/or video conferencing allows the doctor to diagnose the problem virtually before suggesting the next course of action.
- You can trust our specialists! DoctorQuick pre-verifies and does exhaustive background checking before listing any specialist.
- No more waiting for long hours or taking an appointment. With DoctorQuick, everything is instant, convenient and hassle-free.
Functions of Ophthalmology & Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Paediatric Ophthalmologist: There are separate specialists who diagnose, treat and manage all vision related anomalies in new-born, infants and children known as Paediatric Ophthalmologist.